Thursday, January 7, 2010

Peak Season

I have many guilty pleasures. Currently I'm watching Golden Girls and knitting, and I'm not ashamed to say so. My name is Brittney and I like reality television, daytime television, and re-runs, I like to watch them in bed, usually while eating, and I usually fall asleep at odd hours because of it. I rarely watch the news, but I never miss the Hills. Or The City (god bless Whitney Port). Shows about little people who live in a big world, or make chocolate, or otherwise have gotten themselves on TLC are killing my brain cells, but I. don't. care.

One recent obsession is Peak Season. It's Canadian, it's low budget (go figure), it's trashy...it's great. A group of 20 somethings get wicked drunk at all hours and say stupid things in their terrible west coast accents. Then they go snowboarding, they get drunk again, they get in fights, they break-up, make-up, hook-up, episode over. What I like most is that they get black out drunk at least three times a week, but they never get high. It's simply not done in such an upstanding town and home of the 2010 Olympics. I don't why you'd think otherwise.


To say that they say stupid things is an understatement, but one guy in particular stands out for his ability to be so super serious that you know he has no idea just how functionally retarded he sounds. Each of these quotes are directed towards his on again-off again girlfriend Amanda who once got so polluted that she bit him in a bar after he told her he didn't love her. They hooked up again at the end of the episode. Enjoy:


"There’s not a day where I wouldn’t not think of you." Dre, Peak Season
A double negative makes you sound dumb, but a triple negative is just a whole new level.

"When she’s sober, she’s the one." Dre, Peak Season
Rehab is for quitters honey, don't believe a word he says.

"There’s no girl that’s like, like you." Dre, Peak Season
Like, thanks.

Tots hottie.

Ok, I gotta go, Blanche is giving Rose advice on having an affair and I just know Sophia is going to stick her nose in with a witty comment. She always does! And that's the beauty of it.

Check out Peak Season on mtv.ca unless, like, you have something better to do.

No comments: