Monday, August 23, 2010

Time passes quickly

Vacation is over and I'd love to tell you about that or where my relatives think I'm living (hint: not South Korea) but instead I'll share a little tidbit from my experience interviewing potential (Korean) English teachers at my school today.

Interviewer (me): In the class some students have a lower level of English than others, how do you think you will teach them in the group?

Interviewee: I sink low level student have bery low motibation. I will make them write bery muchee sentance.

Interviewer: Right. Okay...Thanks.

The the humour was exacerbated by the fact that the candidates had to sit at the far end of a long table, facing the panel of interviewers from a distance of about 10 feet, despite there being avalable chairs along the sides of the table. Not awkward at all.

No comments: