Friday, July 8, 2011

Tappa Tappa Tapas

My dinner this fine humid eve.

An assortment of meats, olives, red and golden tomatoes with a fresh loaf of crusty bread and a roasted eggplant dip. Simply, divine.

This is the best bread recipe you'll ever use. Instead of mucking with yeast which can be fickle, you use beer! Beer!

3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
1 can of your finest, cheapest beer

Then you can add flavourings as you like. Here I mixed onions, black pepper and parsley into the dough but I've also done rosemary and I'm thinking of doing an Indian inspired number next. Add some garnishes on the top and shower with olive oil. Bake on an oiled tray for 10-12-15ish minutes? I wasn't counting, just when it's cooked through and not doughy.

Served with a cold lime perrier because aren't we in Europe?!

No, we're not. We're in an Asian shoebox but Homeplus had a sale.

Buenos noches!

No comments: