Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Cards

Tis the season for children's holiday cards and this year I've got some really winners. Allow me to transpose in case you can't read their writing on the cards:

(For reference these are grade 6 boys who sit next to each other, but they've copied the style of a penpal letter in their textbook so it sounds a bit strange.)


Dear Mr. Oh Kyun, 

Hi, my name is Gangmin Lee. When I first saw you, I thought you were just an ordinary person with weird hair. But when the time passed, I realized that you were creatively cruel. When  I say creatively cruel, I mean you know many ways to kill.

I hope we could meet sometime.
                                                                               Your friend, 
                                                                                                   Gangmin Lee

Now in case you're wondering what warranted Gangmin's high praise, here is Oh Kyun's letter to him:


Dear gang min, 


Hi. My name is Oh kyun Kweon. I live in Daegu. I'm thirteen years old. I have a knife (I kill you). I like playing computer games. Want to know about you. Please back to me. 


goodbye.


Alas, Oh Kyun shared only one of the many ways he knows how to kill, but I do believe Gangmin that there are more.

No comments: