Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pan Fried Pizza



Tired of corn on your pizza? I mean, are you TIRED OF CORN ON YOUR PIZZA?!?!?!?

It wears on me a little bit, so this pizza is certified, 100% corn free.

I used this recipe for the dough, but found out the hard way that the new Korean yeast I bought definitely wasn't instant so take heed and mix it into the water and let it sit to activate before adding to the dry ingredients.

2 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more as needed
3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for cooking
1/2 cup warm water

Mix the dry ingredients together, add the olive oil, then the water plus some more if you need it. Let rise until it's big and pouffy (half an hour to an hour?). Once it's done it's thing you can break off a piece and flatten it out into a crust. Brush one side with olive oil and put it in a lowish heat pan. Once it starts to brown brush the other side with olive oil and flip it over. Then just add whatever toppings you like and they'll melt as the other side cooks. I used a store bought jar of tomatoe pasta sauce becuase I didn't have pizza sauce, but maybe you could find actual pizza sauce here. I'm a hawaiian kind of lady so that's what I did here, but you could throw anything on. Kimchi and corn maybe???



No comments: