Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Crafturbate



I'm not a particularly crafty person but I've been in need of a jewelry storage system for about the last three years. A ziplock freezer baggie does not a jewelry box make. I couldn't find anything I liked so I decided to make the damn thing myself. I only managed to take two pretty terrible photos before my camera battery died, but trust me it looks better in person.

First, find a stick. It should be a good stick, with many small branches to serve as hangers for your jewels. Personally I spent upwards of one minute rummaging through the brush pile outside my house. Side note: pruning the trees makes them look nice, but leaving it all in a slowly decaying pile underneath said tree does not.

Next, locate empty water bottle. Check the recycling bag you forgot to take out. Now cut off the bottom to form the base and poke a small hole in the lid. Insert branch into lid. Pat self on back.

Finally, spray paint. I recommend a well ventilated area, such as a closet with the doors shut. If you find your self getting woozy and giggle, just open that window you've been staring at.



I think after another coat of paint it'll look less like a stick in a bottle and more like..whatever it's supposed to be. Maybe not, but it's still better than a ziplock.

1 comment:

Ms. Purnell said...

"Finally, spray paint. I recommend a well ventilated area, such as a closet with the doors shut."


made me actually laugh out loud =)