Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another Day Older



Apologies for the lack of bloggy blog blog posts, Thanksgiving hit Chez Cool in a hard way and I have had about half of my regularly scheduled sleeping hours and about twice the designated drinking times. The result is the complete removal of my vocal box, which is super stellar given my chosen profession. Nothing gives a perv a reason to be pervy like a smoky, raspy voice. Perv on pervs.

Last night instead of reacquainting myself with my rem cycle I went to bed at 9:30 pm and then woke up at 11:30 pm to drag my sleepy ass to the Dan Mangan show. My body resisted this curious torture but only until the show started. I was going to write a gushy post about how much I just love love love him and want to curl up inside his guitar and have him carry me around, singing in his angelic baritone voice until we find the robots and give them the love they need. In the fluorescent light of day though, away from his magnetic smile, this seems to be at best lame, at worst very lame. However, if that robot reference is gibberish to you, youtube/myspace/stalk this man and get ready to let the love flow.

But I am going to get gushy about the goodness that exudes from this man's eyes and smile, and the wonderful communal feeling during his show, although in fairness this is likely due to the abundant Vancouver ex-pat population (after their scenery, climate and pot Vancouverites love nothing more than each other). During Robots he passed out tambourines, drums and bells to the crows and everyone swayed, sang and clapped as he walked through the crowd. How lovely.





This comes after a perfectly wonderful week/end, filled with shared meals/bed spaces with so so many good people. Among these is my favorite boyfriend who is incapable of a bad mood, has an inconcievable amount of energy, and can rally a crowd like none else. His same communal mindedness leads him to believe that a crowd of strangers can, and need, to do the limbo in a bar without that limbo song (you know, that limbo song). More importantly though, he's good looking. Thank god.

This post has been less humorous than I generally strive for, so let me end on a joke that Dan Mangan told last night: have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making headlines. Think about it.

Love fest over. Drysdale out.

1 comment:

Piebs said...

Could Dan Mangan get any better.... That joke just pushed him over the edge. MARRY ME DAN!



PS - the word verification is "forisal". Dan Mangan is the best... Forisal (for riz al).